Garland Branch of NAACP
2016 Health Fair and Back to School Rally
Saturday, August 20th
10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Curtis Culwell Center
4999 Naaman Forest Blvd.
Garland, TX 75040
A “one-stop” destination, the fair will provide health screenings and information and help prepare GISD students to go back to school through services provided by community agencies that specialize in helping children.
Here’s what’s planned:
FREE school supplies for GISD or Garland area Students (Pre-k through 12th)
- MUST pre-register for supplies online or at any City of Garland Recreation Center (Registration Deadline – August 1, 2016), 2 students per household
- Proof of Garland residency required. Examples: Drivers License, Texas ID, Passport and July or August Utility bill
- Education Seminars for Students and Parents
Children’s Immunizations (Same Date) available nearby at Garland Public Health Clinic, 206 Carver St., Garland, TX, 75040, (972) 205-3370, 8am-1pm, no appointment necessary (Please bring vaccine records; Medicaid, Chip and most private insurances accepted, low cost fees for the uninsured)
FREE health screenings
- Cholesterol/glucose (For accurate results, begin fasting at 12 am/midnight)
- Diabetes & High Blood Pressure, and more
GISD will provide information on district services
Community resource booths
And much, much more!
**Children must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian**
Baylor at Garland
|Mt Hebron Baptist Church|
|City of Garland||Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church|
|Garland ISD||Faith Community Seventh Day Adventist Church|
|Buttons Restaurant||Garland Club, NANBPWC, Inc.|
|Jack and Jill of North|| Garland Area-wide Brotherhood
East Dallas County
For additional information: Carol Blakes 972-381-5044, #4 or email@example.com